Monday, July 04, 2005

Indonkpendence Day

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I really don't have any updates, but I had to use the title somehow. I do have 3 small items to write about. None of them are worthy of donk status by themselves, and even as a group post this is pretty weak. So deal with it :)

1) I'm sure everyone has seen the big fields with many power lines overhead. The running joke is something like "what, did you grow up near power lines or something?" Well, apparently the guy I saw the other day did, because he had his two kids out in the field. Now, what is the best thing to do with your kids in a field with dozens of power lines overhead? Fly kites of course!

2) A while back I signed up as a prop player on JetSet poker. I was to receive a percentage of rake back based on the number of hands I played. Well, the guy running the program was a complete flake and stopped responding to emails, so I stopped playing on the site. JetSet made it right with me and I played there for a while later, but due to site issues and the fact that I just didn't like playing there, I left. I kept a small amount of money (less than $20) there to screw around with, but only really go there if I'm in a rut or want to screw around.

Last week I decided to either double up my last $3.83 or whatever, or go broke so I didn't waste time playing there that I could have spent playing somewhere else useful. Today I received this email:
This e-mail confirms that JetSetPoker player AcesFullofDux has transferred USD $0.05 to player XaQ Morphy
Woo-hoo, I'm rich!

3) My "screwing around" site has been replaced by DoyleBrunsonFan.com. They have what has to be the greatest tourney on the internet...a 1c turbo rebuy tourney. So far my record is 40 rebuys in 30 minutes, but I'm sure I can do better than that!

Anyway, today I was playing in a low buyin Sit and Go (SNG: 1 table tourney where the top 3 pay), and had the following conversation. The hand before this the guy rivered the nut full house. He bet out the minimum, I raised him, and he flat called. Here's the chat:

XaQ Morphy: lol, ty for not raising
mindamoo: no probs!!
XaQ Morphy: what were you afraid of?
mindamoo: don't know. I never raise
XaQ Morphy: so if you don't mind me asking, how well does your strategy work of never raising?

XaQ Morphy: It sounds interesting
mindamoo: not too bad. On average place maybe 8/10 times
mindamoo: not 2nite though. Haven't won owt!!
Yeah, imagine that!

On a non-donkish note, I'd like to send out a thanks to UltimateBet player A-10Suited. He/she signed up for UltimateBet and used me as a referral and I received $100 in bonus dollars that I'll never clear. But, it's the thought that counts, so I'd like to thank you, whomever you are. Email me if you read this. Happy 4th everyone!

Morphy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!!

Looking forward to reading about me on here sometime.

Keep up the good work.