Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dollars for Donkeys

Most people who read RGP or have been on an online poker site have run into beggars. They are pathetic beings who usually have some elaborate story set up for how they can't deposit to a site, and are only asking for a small stake. The real pathetic ones ask for $1. Their usual lines are "I'll pay you $5 on Tuesday" or some other ridiculous promise. They always "promise" to repay you whenever they deposit next, or when they win their next big game. Some scammers like to promise paying back more than they borrow, as if to entice their mark into giving their money away.

The bottom line is these people are degenerates, and will lose any money they receive within a few minutes and be back begging for more. Some of them actually get lucky and win a few bucks (search the RGP archives for "stevedapimp" for an example), but most of them are completely useless. Also, forget ever seeing any money given to these low lives.

Tonight I ran into a particularly donkish beggar. "She" posted a typical RGP post, asking for "a few bucks" so she could enter a $1 tournament. I replied, offering her whatever I had left in my PokerStars account. (note that I never did believe "she" was a she, but since she insisted on it, I'll call her her and she throughout this entry).

The second I logged on after I came home she IM'd me. I was in the middle of discovering a dead power supply on my desktop machine, so I didn't get to answer her right away:
[17:15] gottcrabbs: hello there
[17:16] gottcrabbs: well my name is tammy
[17:18] gottcrabbs: hello
[17:18] gottcrabbs: you replyed to my post on rgp hope you was serious
[17:18] gottcrabbs: well gl at the tables
[17:23] gottcrabbs: hiya
[17:23] XaQ Morphy: hi, just had a power supply die, so give me a few minutes
[17:24] gottcrabbs: oh sorry
[17:24] gottcrabbs: anyway my name is tammy
[17:24] XaQ Morphy: I don't have much on stars, but I'll give you what I have
[17:25] gottcrabbs: ok thx Im making a deposit this friday so even if I dont run it up Ill send it back to ya
[17:25] gottcrabbs: but hopefully I will
[17:25] gottcrabbs: my player id is gotcrabbs?
[17:26] XaQ Morphy: ok cool
[17:26] gottcrabbs: read your blog
Hey! The Manifesto is famous! Even scamming beggars (or is that begging scammers?) read it!
[17:28] *** gottcrabbs is trying to send you "me me.jpg".
[17:28] gottcrabbs: thats me lol
Huh? "She" sends me a picture of "herself." It's a very small picture, looks like it was taken from a webcam, and shows what is most likely some 16 year old's kid's sister. Meanwhile I'm mostly ignoring her while looking for a power supply online.

[17:32] gottcrabbs: you here
[17:33] gottcrabbs: I know I know Im ugly lol
[17:37] gottcrabbs: you here
[17:37] gottcrabbs: sorry you must be busy
[17:38] gottcrabbs: did you get my pic
[17:39] XaQ Morphy: yeah I got it, sorry, I'm a bit busy
[17:39] XaQ Morphy: transferring now
[17:39] XaQ Morphy: ok I submitted it, like I said, it was all I had in my account
[17:40] gottcrabbs: ok thx


Meanwhile, I received this email from PokerStars. I didn't lie, I never win at the site, so I don't play with very much when I do play there. I tend to deposit small once or twice every 6 months or so, and basically screw around on the site without doing well or playing very seriously. I usually finally give up and donk the rest of it off in a cash room of some sorts, and when I bust out I'm left with just a few cents on the site. The email:
Hello XaQ Morphy,

We have transferred $0.03 from your account to 'gotcrabbs?' as per your request. Good luck to you both.

Regards,
PokerStars Cashier
hehe, sometimes I crack myself up. I almost felt guilty for this. Almost.

[17:47] gottcrabbs: haha your funny
[17:47] gottcrabbs: you sent me 3 cents
[17:48] gottcrabbs: geeez
[17:48] XaQ Morphy: I told you I would send what I had in my account
[17:49] gottcrabbs: I just thought you had at least a buck or 2
[17:49] XaQ Morphy: not on stars
[17:49] gottcrabbs: oh
[17:49] gottcrabbs: what site you play on
[17:50] XaQ Morphy: UB and FullTilt
[17:50] gottcrabbs: oh Im livefishy on fulltilt
[17:53] XaQ Morphy: I'm the same on all sites
[17:53] gottcrabbs: can you spare a few bucks on fulltilt
[17:58] gottcrabbs: guess not sorry
[18:01] gottcrabbs: if you can send me something on fulltilt Ill get it back to ya by the end of this week
So, the scammer needs to find a new site to scam money on. Sorry. I ignored her for a while, then sent this:
[18:09] XaQ Morphy: ok so you're really a guy right? A kid with no money and no way to deposit who is scamming people out of money to play online poker. Am I close?
[18:14] gottcrabbs: why would you say that'
[18:14] gottcrabbs: no Im a lady
[18:14] gottcrabbs: I only deposit once a week
[18:14] XaQ Morphy: on every site?
[18:15] gottcrabbs: no not on every site I only play on full tilt and stars thats it
[18:15] XaQ Morphy: how old are you?
[18:15] gottcrabbs: 28 why
[18:15] gottcrabbs: how old are you
[18:15] XaQ Morphy: older than that
[18:16] gottcrabbs: oh ok sorry
[18:17] gottcrabbs: well gl at the tables
Ahh, the scammer decides there's no money to be had here, so "she" decides to leave. Shortly after this IM chat, she posts a good 5 new threads to RGP asking for money. She was very rude to anyone that tried to call her out as a scammer. She even sparked one fairly amusing thread, where an RGPer pretended to beg for money so that he could give it to her.

So, I thought the night was over, and it actually seemed as if this wasn't a very good blog entry, until a few of us decided to invite her to an IM chat room. This made this a must add entry:
[20:23] XaQ Morphy: mukwrm was concerned about your situation tammy
[20:23] Mukwrm715: what did i do?
[20:24] XaQ Morphy: you said you wanted to help out
[20:24] thenutlow: gottcrabbs. I have a wayfor you to make $5
[20:24] gottcrabbs: uh huh
[20:24] Mukwrm715: ohhh
[20:24] thenutlow: write on your stomach "i love the donkey manifesto" and then send the pic to XaQ..
[20:25] gottcrabbs: omg
[20:25] thenutlow: and then $5 will be issued upon reciept
[20:25] gottcrabbs: you guys are crazy
[20:25] thenutlow: hey its $5 for less then 2 mins work
[20:25] thenutlow: thats more then you would get if the employers at burger king took kindly to you
[20:25] gottcrabbs: uh huh
[20:25] gottcrabbs: lol
[20:26] *** gottcrabbs has left the chat.
And there we have it. Stuff like this just writes itself.

Morphy

No comments: