Thursday, August 18, 2005

Would You Like Fries With That?

Thanks to Welshman on RGP for pointing this one out to me. The only question here is who is truly the bigger donk? Article shamelessly reprinted without permission from the Chicago Sun-Times' web site:

$56,000 robbery at bank drive-thru
July 13, 2005

Even bank robbers appreciate a drive-through window.

Police say a man drove up to a LaSalle bank at 3301 N. Ashland about 8 a.m. Tuesday and slid a note demanding money to the teller through a tube at the window.

The teller complied, shooting back about $56,000, Belmont District police said. The robber sped off in a blue, older-model minivan, they said.

"No weapon was displayed or implied," said Chicago FBI spokeswoman Cynthia Yates. "He never left his vehicle."

It was the first of two bank robberies Tuesday morning that netted a combined total of at least $86,000, police said.

I'm seriously considering trying this the next time I'm out, only I'll use my powers to see how many free cheeseburgers I can get.

Morphy

No comments: