Sunday, June 26, 2005

But it's rigged, really, I swear!

It would be too easy to label every RGP post as the RGP Donkey of the Minute. Sometimes there's something that I feel I need to point out, yet doesn't quite reach full blown donkey status.

As a member of RGP, I've seen my share of "it's rigged" posts. Every site out there as people saying "this stuff only happens here" and for every bad beat story there's some donkey out there that feels the need to blame poker statistics on some intricate conspiracy theory.

"J from Wisconsin" deserves special recognition. Not only did he post a single hand as his "proof" that online poker is rigged, he screwed up his hand. Not only did he screw up the hand, he then lied about it, twice, in an attempt to cover his tracks. I'll save his conspiracy theory and go straight to the part in the post about the hand:

I'll give u 1 instance in a 2/4 NL from tonight and tell me how someone makes the call they do on me.....

I raise to $12 on the button with 10 10....and get 2 callers

Flop 10 5 6 rainbow.......1 guy bets into me $20 I raise to $60 he calles

Turn Q..the board is all rainbow now......the othe guy checks i move all in for $135 he calls with 6 9 off suit

(WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Im like yeah until the old river is a 6..........are u kidding me.......

In all honesty the guy called over $200 bucks on middle pair..........How is that possibe......

3rd grade grammar errors aside, let's point out the obvious that according to our friend J here, his full house of TTT66 lost to 3 of a kind 6's, final hand of T9666. Obviously he was called out on this more than once. His retort:

Whoops!!!!! I mean to say the flop was 3 5 6 rainbow.......And No I didnt think he could possibly have straight......If he does thats fine.....

But the flop was 3 5 6 rainbow i had pocket 10's he jad 6 9 final board read
3 5 6 J 6........

Now, an astute reader would notice that in J's first post, he asked how it was "possibe" (sic) for a guy to call with 2nd pair, not to mention the mysterious Jack that hit the turn this time around. In response to another poster pointing out that it was clearly a made up story, J comes up with this:

yep. i took 5 minues out of my day to post a fake bad beat story.....

to sum it up the guy called over $200 with middle pair and hit trips on the river to win.....Take it for what its worth...im not saying poker is fixed or bodog...i was just wondering if stuff like this has happened to other
on bodog..as it seems to be the trend....

Im sorry for bad typing abilities.....that is why i avoid rgp as its become gay...and people flame without thinking......clearly i know a full house beats trips.....

Notice that again, J points out the guy called with middle pair and hit trips to win. Also notice the final paragraph where he decides that after he's been called out many times already, he decides to call rgp "gay" which seems to be the comeback of the week for middle school children these days.

As I replied to J, he makes me feel ashamed to admit I've lived my entire life in Wisconsin.

Morphy

No comments: