Thursday, December 01, 2005

More Donkeys and Wheels

Today's entry brings us 2 stories dealing with donkeys and wheels, and one of them is quite literally that.

The first comes from Manifestite and RGPer Welshman:

http://tinyurl.com/brs3w (telegraph.co.uk)

So, what we have here is a speed trap. In many places, speed traps are automated. If a driver passes a speed trap moving at a rate of speed determined to be illegal, a camera goes off, takes a picture of their license plate, and sends them a ticket.

Here we have a particularly fast-driving donkey that was hit 4 times by the same speed trap in 1 minute 37 seconds. Now, I wasn't aware of it, but I don't believe there were any donkey races scheduled in Brussels last month.

The next article is, quite literally, a donkey story:

http://tinyurl.com/9ehr2 (ananova.com)

This one is amazing, and I wish I could find more details on it. I'm not even sure how many donkeys were in this story. First we have a group of kids who managed to steal a safe from a local hospital. I'm not sure how that is possible, but I'll just assume it happened. Next, they decided to use a donkey-driven cart to make their escape. Finally, we have the police, who were "unable to keep up with the donkey." ?!?!?!?!

I have a feeling that the actual donkey here is the only one that doesn't really deserve this title!

Until next time,

Morphy

No comments: